Friday, July 27, 2007

Song Ideas

So, I got called to be the nursery music leader in my new ward a few weeks ago. Surprise, surprise, another music calling. :) Anyway, I'm actually pretty excited about it. John and I were both called to be in Jared's nursery class with a few other teachers, and then I get to do the music in both of the nurserys also. The good thing is that I never have to do the lesson. :) Anyway, it's been kind of nice to be with John and Jared for the whole block. I never thought I would want a nursery calling, but it hasn't been too bad so far.

So, the reason for this post is that I'm looking for some cute visual aids for the song, "Give Said the Little Stream." The kids love looking at pictures and having something to see while they're singing. I can't seem to find anything good for this song. If any of you have any ideas, let me know!! Thanks!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I don't have any ideas specifically for that song, but my favorite place in the world to find cute ideas for church callings is the website: www.sugardoodle.net
I think you should be able to click on primary or nursery and it has tons of stuff... good luck!

Kristine said...

That would be my favorite calling of all time. I am sooooo jealous. Nates fave song in Nursery is the crocodile song. the one that goes.

5 little monkeys swingin in a tree
teasin mr crocodile "can't catch me"
along came mr. crocodile quite as can be and SNAPPED that monkey right out of that tree.

As far as resources I have a couple- one is definately sugardoodle and the other one is on my Blog. Has lots fo MISC clipart and other pictures.

Good Luck!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Hey Rachel!!

I heard you moved. I am so happy for you guys. They valley is such a beutiful place. I am sure that you love it there!! Keep in touch. I just love to hear about your family!
Aimee