Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Peanut Butter Balls

I made these yummy peanut butter balls this morning. We used to make them when I was kid, but I've never made them with my kids. So, we pulled the recipe out and did it. It was a HUGE success! They're totally healthy and the kids loved them. So did I. I could eat them for sweet snacks, and not feel guilty about it! So, here's the recipe.
Mix:
1/2 c peanut butter
2 1/2 Tb nonfat dry milk
2 Tb raisins
2 Tb honey
1/2 c coconut

Form into balls.
Roll in sesame seeds.

We substituted dried berries for raisins because my kids don't like raisins. I doubled the recipe and got about 12 2-inch balls. You can get sesame seeds in bulk at a health food store for cheaper. You can also get unsweetened coconut there too. Oh, and after I made the balls I put them in the freezer to firm up so they wouldn't be so sticky and soft. I'll probably just keep them in there so they stay good for longer.

4 comments:

Erica said...

SOunds yummy! I'll have to give them a try.

Kristine said...

I'm with Erica. I wonder if I have all that stuff on hand. Yummy!

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Yummola!! Thanks and by the way your site is so stinkin cute!! I'm super jealous of your yard and how pretty everything is!! Oh well, we are never leaving az! Growing up here you think I would be use to it!!LOL