Friday, August 24, 2007

Grocery trips...what fun.

So, we just back from going grocery shopping. The trip itself wasn't too terribly bad. They were good enough to get doughnuts for their treat. But then in the line, on the way out, and on the way home they went crazy! Fighting, whining, crying. So, anyway, they didn't get to eat their doughnuts after all. We finished lunch, I put a movie on for them, and then I took my doughnut and locked myself in the bathroom so I could eat it in peace without them complaining about how they didn't get to eat theirs. I didn't even think twice about it. But when I got in the bathroom, I realized how pathetic that is! I had to go lock myself in the bathroom just to eat a doughnut!!! Oh the life of a mother. The things we do to get a quiet moment. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about!!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

We all do that rachel!! I go in the hall closet under the stairs sometimes to talk on the phone! MaKenna always seems to find me even when I whisper!! It's definatly called being a mom!! How to out smart your kids and keep yourself saine!!:) I don't know how to spell but oh well!:)

Kristine said...

I actually think it's quite healthy to lock yourself away sometimes. My kids need to know that there are times when mommies need time all by themselves. And since they are not going to give that to me of their own free will and choice, I have to take it! Even if it meanslocking myself up somewhere.

Erica said...

Oh I so completely understand. Sometimes I need to lock myself away so I don't kill them. Isn't so nice to juts have a little piece and quiet!

Tiffany said...

I totally do it too Rachel!! I officially call it "time out"... when I can't handle it anymore I lock myself in the bathroom and everytime there's a knock on the door or little fingers sliding under the door I tell them to go play because mommy's in "time out" right now. When I'm asked what I did wrong I say, "nothing yet"... but I WILL do something wrong if I'm not in time out for a few minutes!! Ü

The Carpenter Family said...

That is funny!! Good for you. Iam sure I will have to do that when Brooklynn gets older

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Rachel, I just have to say that I know where you are coming from. It is tough to find ways to reward yourself, when your kid is being so nuts! We have all had those days. I loved your post!

The Forbes Family said...

Rachel-
What a cute family and house! Congrats! It's nice to know I'm not the only person sneaking donuts in the bathroom.
I need to talk to you - how can I contact you? You can email me at giniandjason@yahoo.com.
You can also see a few pics at familiaforbes.blogspot.com.
Jason Forbes