Sunday, July 22, 2007

So, I didn't want to start this blog, but I've been reading everyone else's for so long, I just couldn't resist any longer. So, for those who I haven't talked to since we moved, I'll give an update on where we're at.

When we moved up to Utah in May we stayed with some good friends of ours in West Jordon. We all had really good intentions, but it just didn't end up the way we had hoped. Our friends have 3 kids. The older 2 are about the same ages as my boys. They played great for the first day, and then it was all downhill from there. They constantly fought and were at each other. We ended up staying in the basement for most of the day so that we could try to avoid the conflicts. Anyway, we were there for about 5 weeks while we were in the process of buying our new house. This picture is one of the VERY rare moments when everyone was smiling and actually playing nicely together.

When we finally moved out, I think we were all happy to be getting our own space back. But, we still love them and are so grateful that they were willing to let us invade and stay there for so long! Anyway, so we bought a house in Layton (about 25 min. north of Salt Lake). It's wonderful! It's everything that I hoped for and wanted. It's an older house, but that's what we love. We love the houses that have a little character. It's a brick rambler with a basement. It has 4 bedrooms/2 bathrooms. We've got the family and living rooms upstairs, plus the whole basement for the kids playroom! It's awesome! I don't know how many of you ever came in our house in Mesa, but this is a HUGE step up! AND, of course my favorite part of all is our yard!!! We have a nice big yard with grass, grass, grass, and more grass! We have a little deck we can sit on and enjoy the cool summer evenings. It actually cools off at night in Utah! We are absolutely loving it here! It was definately the right choice! It hasn't come without it's difficulties, though. We actually still haven't sold our house in Mesa yet, but we still feel good about everything and we know that things will work out. Whatever that means! :)

John is loving his new job. He loves what he does and we are so grateful he was able to get this job so easily! We feel so blessed to be here and to have the things we need! I even got to go Craigslisting and get some new furniture! I'll get some pics up of the new house as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel & John,
Your house looks beautiful. I'm sure you all will love it. Looks like John needs to build some playsets in the backyard for the kids. I hope to get there within the next few months. Take care.

Love, Dad