Monday, April 14, 2008

Trying to be prepared

Well, I'm just about 36 weeks now. So, we're getting down to the last few weeks. I'm just trying to finish all of my last minute projects and preparations now. One of the things I'm working on is making double of all my meals so I can freeze a bunch of meals for after the baby. Cooking is not my favorite thing in the world, so I'm trying to eliminate as much of it as possible after the baby when I'm tired and things are crazy. On Saturday we took the whole family to the grocery store so I could stock up on ingredients and things like cereal and stuff so that I won't have to go to the grocery store for a LONG time! We had 2 entire carts full of stuff!! It was crazy. Anyway, by the time I make all the meals I have planned, I'll have at least 3 weeks worth of frozen meals in our freezer, maybe even more, for after the baby. It will be well worth it!! And I shouldn't have to go to the store except to restock on produce for about the same amount of time. I'm really excited about this! Going grocery shopping and cooking are two of my least favorite things to do.

Anyway, as far as the baby's room goes, it's all finished, except I still need to fix a few ties on the bumper before I put it on the crib. As soon as I do that, I'll take some pictures.

Other than that, I feel pretty prepared for this baby. Except for the fact that we've had a bunch of sickness in our house the past week or so. Joshua seems to be ok now, but Jared still has a sore throat, and today I've got a sore throat and a headache. I hope it all goes away soon so that I can lysol the whole house down before we bring our baby home! And I really hope that mine doesn't turn into anything more than this. My energy level is low enough as it is. I don't need to be sick on top of that!

So, I'll try to keep you all updated on my status! The way I look at it, even though there are about 4 weeks until my due date, I figure the earliest they'll let you go without it being preterm is 37 weeks, and the latest is 42 weeks, so more technically I have about 1-6 weeks left until this baby is here!! I'm hoping more towards the lower amount of course. I think 38 weeks would be great. So, cross your fingers for me!

4 comments:

The Carpenter Family said...

yeah!! Almost there! Iam so excited for you guys!! lets see some pics!!

Jana said...

Sounds fun! What kind of stuff do you make ahead and freeze? I am the worst at last minute cooking. Having something frozen and ready would be a dream!

The Cowgills said...

I've made stroganoff, spaghetti, potato soup, enchiladas. Things like that. I just freeze the sauces for things like stroganof and spaghetti, and then on the day of I'll cook the pasta. I also have plans to freeze chili, a homemade pizza, fillings for burritos, a chicken and broccoli sauce you serve over rice, things like that. And it's really not that hard. It doesn't take any more time to do than when you're making the meal the first time!

Teanne said...

Wow. That is a great idea to freeze a couple weeks worth of food! I have been thinking that I should do that when the baby comes to- I think you have just given me the motivation to do it. I think it would be well worth it. Who feels like doing anything on a couple hours of sleep every night? Great ideas. Sounds like you're pretty much ready. How exciting!