Sunday, April 6, 2008

Quiet time

Yesterday John took Joshua with him down to Springville (about an hour away) where his family lives. His brother Ben is in town for about a month (he's been stationed in Japan for 6-7 years), so he wanted to go spend some time with him. I didn't really want to go because we've been down there the last 2 weekends in a row, and his parents only have one tiny tv in their room. Because of conference, I didn't really feel like piling all of us on their bed to watch. Plus, I just hate sleeping anywhere else at this point. I hardly sleep as it is, let alone in someone else's uncomfortable bed. So, anyway, Jared stayed with me and John and Joshua went down by themselves. Can I just say, it's been heaven! You would think that Jared would be harder because he's in that 3 year old stage, but he's not. He is so easygoing, it's been so quiet around here! I love Joshua to death, but he is very high maintenance. He's got a very strong personality that we are constantly trying to work with and help him to hone his emotions into positive outlets. Jared and I had some fun last night, too. After the afternoon session of conference we went to a few stores so I get the last few things I needed for the baby's room, and then we went to Taco Bell and ate dinner, and then went and got an ice cream cone. Then we came home and he took a bath and went to bed. I finished cleaning up the baby's room (it's almost finished!), and then I watched a girl movie, since we usually pick something in between when we rent movies. I watched Becoming Jane. It was pretty good.

Anyway, so now that I've had so much quiet time, I decided to take a few minutes to post. Some of you have requested pictures of my pregnant belly. At this point, I'm not sure if I will. Maybe. I'm just feeling so fat and huge. And I'm starting to get swollen all over. I have a little less than 6 weeks until my due date. I gain a lot of weight when I'm pregnant. I've all ready gained about 40 lbs. I always get comments about how huge I am. It makes you feel so good. :) John says it's because my head is small, so the huge belly throws people off. Just to put it in perspective, when I was 32 weeks I went to the hospital for a tour. I went into the wrong doors, so I was asking where to go, and the lady at the desk says, "You're not delivering today are you?" Hello! I still have 8 weeks to go. Thanks a lot lady!! But she doesn't stop there. No, she goes on to say, "Well, do you need a wheelchair or something?" What??? Do I look that terrible that you think I'm delivering today AND that I need a wheelchair??? People, don't they think before they talk?

But that's just one example. Here's another. Yesterday I was at Saver's returning a picture. I guess the policy is that you have to exchange within 7 days, they don't give you store credit or anything. So she's explaining to me that she can extend it for another 7 days if I don't find anything I want today. Then she adds, "Hopefully you won't have your baby before then." Uh, yeah, hopefully, because I still have almost 6 weeks left!! So, anyway, I'll think about posting a picture, but based on these comments from people, I'm not sure I want the rest of the world to see how huge I apparently am!

3 comments:

Teanne said...

I know how you feel! I feel huge already, and I still have a little less than 3 months. It scares me to think how big I'll get by that point! Don't worry, if you don't feel up to it- don't think you have to. I posted a picture of my pregnant belly on my blog last week- I thought I'd do it now rather than the end of the last trimester b/c I feel the same as you toward the end. Plus there were some people that I haven't seen in a long time that I talked to and they said "Are you showing yet?" And I just have to laugh b/c Yes! I'm showing- I feel so big already! Anyway, good luck this last month. I bet you are looking forward to that time of delivery.

The Carpenter Family said...

Okay that is funny...not for you Iam sure...but it got a laugh out of me...because I have been there!!

The Carpenter Family said...

I hav bben there but that is really funny...not for you!