Monday, October 22, 2007

Jared's adventure



Last night we were at my aunt and uncle's house and Jared fell down and hurt his wrist. It was kinda late so we couldn't really tell whether all the crying was from pain or from just being tired. He seemed to be ok, and it wasn't really swollen or anything, so we decided to go home and see how he felt in the morning. This morning he seemed to be ok, but he still wouldn't use his hand very much. I took him in to the doctor, expecting it to just be a sprain or something and he would just tell me to put some ice on it or something. Imagine my surprise when the doctor came back with the x-ray showing a fractured bone in his wrist! So, Jared gets to wear a cast for 3 weeks. It totally caught me off guard because he hasn't been crying or complaining about it very much at all. I would have thought that if something was broken, I would know for sure! I guess I was wrong. Anyway, Jared was very good during the whole thing. He was so brave. It helped that they kept shoving candy at him to keep him happy. :) Anyway, so far the cast doesn't seem to bother him, but we'll see how he feels by the end of the day when he realizes that it's not coming off!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow!!! That's too bad... and crazy that he wasn't crying and stuff. I would have thought the same thing... at least the little kids don't have to wear the casts for as long as adults!! Good luck over the next couple weeks!!

The Carpenter Family said...

poor guy! Glad he did okay...kids getting casts and not be so fun.